For those of you who don't know me, I am a 29 year old single girl who bought a house with her 27 year old sister. My sister brought with her my two nephews and shortly after added her boyfriend to the mix. I am a B-type personality that knows that slow and steady wins the race and so I often get misunderstood by A-types. I am a caring, giving and passionate person. That amount of emotion can get me in trouble at times as well. I make a decent living but not enough on one income to afford a house on my own. This limits my abilities on multiple levels but I am only 28 credit hours from my Bachelors degree in business. I then plan on getting my Masters but I doubt I'd go in for a PhD. I'd be more likely to try to figure out how to afford law school.
I follow many interests including writing (obviously), reading, playing video games and role playing. Some of these topics may pop up later in my blogs but I have created a section for video gaming and table top gaming called A Gamer Girl Takes on the World. I am also an animal lover who cares for 3 cats and 1 fish. I will admit I am a push over for my family and that has caused me more than a little grief over the years.
Personality wise I am a laid back person who tends to get along with most everyone. My views tend to be a little more forgiving of people who are different or who live alternate lifestyles since I feel it's not my place to judge. I am a harder critic of myself than most people are with only a few exceptions. That being said, I know I'm intelligent, definitely not Einstein level but I have always been known as the "smart" child. Not that my siblings aren't smart, in fact they are probably smarter than me, especially in certain things. I am just above the curve in learning so it makes college easy for me since I don't have to study much to pull off my "A" for the course. (That really bugs my classmates since I don't have any good advice for those that are struggling in whatever class I breezed through.)
I work full time in a call center which is one of the most stress filled jobs you can have. I spend 8 hours or more a day being yelled at and verbally abused which is why I absolutely do not tolerate mental abuse or name calling in my house. Most roommates are respectful of the absolute rule of dignity and respect but not everyone understands the basic guidelines of how to behave properly in society today. Especially during confrontation, which doesn't always have to be an ordeal. The same goes for my blog, it's fine if you have an opposing opinion to mine and would like to express it, but remember dignity and respect.
I am divorced from a drama filled life that consisted of me working many hours to support my husband that did nothing but look at porn and play Everquest all day. That may be another reason that decided me on the dignity and respect rule, but it's worked for me this far. It is also a rule I have to follow as well so I usually don't instantly discuss the things that bother me with people until I know I can handle discussing them rationally, calmly and without malice. This is something that takes time, patience and practice to be able to do.
I am also a "larger" woman. I find the term "larger" funny since most of the United States is overweight now so the majority of Americans are also part of the "larger" crowd. I get stereotyped a lot from my weight that I am lazy, depressed, etc. The funny thing is that I am fine with the way I look. I feel I am attractive and if others can't see it, then that is their issue to deal with. I am happy with who I am and am proud of how far I have come as a person and as a woman. I don't tolerate comments about my weight or who I am very well since I feel that people who need to comment on things like that have insecurities that they need to feel justified in by making others feel bad about themselves. My self-esteem is not controlled by the jerk who feels the need to tell me that women who "let themselves go" are worthless.
I feel no remorse or regret in planning my life as a single person. I don't mind dating but I tend not to be very forgiving of flaws in the guys I date. The older I get the more flawed the men available seem to be. Maybe I am just not giving anyone a chance to hurt me, but I am a woman who is an individual and doesn't need a guy to feel whole in her life. I won't pretend I don't get lonely sometimes but I would rather feel lonely sometimes alone than be in a relationship that is bad for me or going to impact negatively where I'd like to go with my life.
I am opinionated. I am patient and will listen to other people's opinions but if I feel they will just be offended by my own more liberal minded opinions, I'm more likely to keep them to myself since I have no desire to get roped into a heated debate about the presidency, the war in Iraq or the issue of abortion. I will be sharing them here but I may not respond to posts that seem too fanatical since I'm not interested in right fighting.
I am really not religious. Not even a little bit. I will support other people in their religions and will go to baby blessings or missionary farewells or weddings or whatever but I am not interested in finding Jesus or the gospel. I am agnostic and not interested in making a decision about God one way or the other. I graduated seminary so it's not a question of ignorance, it's simply that with so many evils on this world, even the ones I have faced in my own small lifetime, I couldn't imagine a God that cares for us that wouldn't intervene when someone gets raped or someone is about to commit murder. If you take the side of religion, be prepared for skepticism. I won't question your faith but don't try to force yours on me.
That is me in a nutshell. I am flawed but I am real about my flaws and I don't need other people pointing them out for me since I know myself far better than anyone else does. I hope that I can give some insight into myself through my posts and that in some way I can positively influence your day by the things I will be writing about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment